Monkey Style - Instagib Teeworlds Clan

Welcome on the ~{ Monkey Style }~ forum.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

STOP POSTING HERE :

HERE IT IS !!!

THE NEW, FRESH AND CLEAN FORUM IS ONLINE...

Visit it HERE And please, feel free to create your account on it. We are sorry not to be able to load your current one on the new forum.

Monkey Style

#1 15-11-2008 23:51:08

~{MS}~ krrkt
King Kong

14/11/2008 : ~{MS}~ vs pan!k

Presentation

Sorry we lost, we destroyed all proof.. mwuhaha

The game

Gametype: iCTF
Format: 3vs3
Map: ctf2
~{MS}~ lineup: Krrkt - Light - Overpowered
pan!k lineup: Magnet - Ubunta - Third guy, who's name got lost in destruction of proof
Final Score: 500 - 100 in pan!k's favour

Report: A steady beginning where the first 4/5 min nobody scored, then a little heat up with three goals in which pan!k scored two. From that point it was a steady 1 point/min for them bastards. smile

gg

p.s. we did got them 2 times with tdm on dm2! (:

Last edited by ~{MS}~ krrkt (15-11-2008 23:52:03)

#2 16-11-2008 17:20:22

~{MS}~ o10
Administrateur

Re: 14/11/2008 : ~{MS}~ vs pan!k

Offer them a re-match on lost and let's redeem ourselves big_smile

Seriously.

#3 16-11-2008 17:38:51

~{MS}~ OverPowered
King Kong

Unfortunately they seem to be afraid of "unofficial" maps. sad It looks quite funny connecting it with tthe fact that Insagib is completely unofficial but well.... fuck that tongue We have to train on ctf2 before the MTC - if it finally works... and this defeat looks like a good stimulant for the further training wink

#4 17-11-2008 17:56:27

~{MS}~ Eve
Administrateur

They are better than us (imo) on ctf2 just because they kinda only play ctf2, and you guys mostly play Lost. That's all, we would kinda surely own them on lost, because of praccing time. That's pure logic, as they have kinda same skills (aim / moves) as us. Btw, even if I respect them for their skills on CTF2, i hate people who don't wanna play other maps. This is kinda ridiculous to me because map pools are always composed of 3/4 maps (at least) in every other games. As a matter of fact, if a team is owning all others on one single map, this is just the end, there is no need to play; but if the same team is only owning on one map over 4, then this won't be the same results.

That's the main thing I dislike on teeworlds: lack of maps. And I mean competitive maps: like ctf2 and lost.

~{MS}~ Eve

If you have any question, feel free to contact me: Email Eve

#5 17-11-2008 21:03:55

~{MS}~ krrkt
King Kong

Eve youre not making sense. This is how it works:

cheaters
        /\
We are the best
        \/
     noobs

anyway ^^ whatever it means, we need to prac, internal internal internal??~~

#6 18-11-2008 00:48:54

Magnet
Banana

~{MS}~ Eve wrote:

They are better than us (imo) on ctf2 just because they kinda only play ctf2, and you guys mostly play Lost. That's all, we would kinda surely own them on lost, because of praccing time. That's pure logic, as they have kinda same skills (aim / moves) as us. Btw, even if I respect them for their skills on CTF2, i hate people who don't wanna play other maps. This is kinda ridiculous to me because map pools are always composed of 3/4 maps (at least) in every other games. As a matter of fact, if a team is owning all others on one single map, this is just the end, there is no need to play; but if the same team is only owning on one map over 4, then this won't be the same results.

That's the main thing I dislike on teeworlds: lack of maps. And I mean competitive maps: like ctf2 and lost.

Eve, after the discussions we had on this very subject, you know very well that we do not consider Lost is a proper map. For extensive reasons, see there:
http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1471 or here: http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopi … 18&p=3

I must admit that I'm saddened by your reaction Eve. We are not a instagib clan and we never play instagib, so you chose the mod and we chose the map. I think it's fair especially when considering ctf2 is in your own server's map pool and I see MSes on ctf2 instagib every rare time I connect. No need to resort to "hating" anyone. We had a game on ctf1 in regular mode after the dm2 and we forgot it -- but I for one would think it's a tad hypocritical to complain about us not wanting to play an unofficial, badly designed map that our category of players (ie, top regular clans) *all* hate and *never* play, while you guys don't try to play seriously in regular mode...

So please, don't go making that kind of statements and if you wish you can challenge us again in some time, even if we wanted a CW against MS because it's reputed to be the best instagib clan and not because we enjoy instagib CWs (actually we find them kinda boring and repetitive, and we have many regular CW scheduled right now).

Still, I must say this was the best instagib game I ever played because it was the highest insta CW we had (we had some with Zpote and others before). I would have enjoyed another round but my teammates get bored by instagib even faster than me wink.

So good game all and see you in TW.

PS: the CW thread on our forum: http://panik.team.free.fr/forum/viewtop … 5&t=44

Last edited by Magnet (18-11-2008 00:59:32)

#7 18-11-2008 01:06:51

Ubuntu
Banana

~{MS}~ Eve wrote:

i hate people who don't wanna play other maps

I proposed to MS players to play on an official map of their choice, then we played on dm2.

I don't know a lot of games, but in competitions players usually play official maps (warcraft3, warsow, quake3, counter strike). And sorry, but lost isn't a competitive map...

By the way, thanks for the match, I personally enjoyed it wink

#8 18-11-2008 04:56:55

~{MS}~ krrkt
King Kong

hiya, well i dont think our different gamestyles are easily mixed, when we played ctf1 it took me like 15 seconds after i was bored, and i guess it's the same thing for you in instagib. You like long 1v1 fights, we like them fast and that just influences the rest of the experience.
But it was not like we chose the mod, you played on an instagib server and i challenged you not knowing who you were or what official maps were in the first place smile) As I did aswell enjoy the ctf2 game, It wasn't even close to the most skilled game I experienced in teeworlds, we havent pracced, and esspecially not in ctf2, in a long while.
I enjoyed being defeated, but next time we'll come prepared! yikes)

#9 18-11-2008 05:06:41

Magnet
Banana

~{MS}~ krrkt wrote:

As I did aswell enjoy the ctf2 game, It wasn't even close to the most skilled game I experienced in teeworlds

Me neither, but in instagib ctf, yes. I had 3 insta CW in my tee life.

#10 18-11-2008 06:18:51

~{MS}~ o10
Administrateur

I guess there's not much to talk about.

Magnet - Lost is a terribly unclear map, and vanilla hates it. But in the instagib community it's played most often, getting the rank of a community map, representative of what this mod really is.

I guess you understand that losing always sucks and sometimes one needs to brag about it on the forums. tongue

I personally hate CTF2, i think it's too big, I hate the winter theme, and what's most important - it needs at least 5 players on each team to be balanced and competitive.

Good it was just a praccy and not official smile

I'll be delighted to play an official CW against you, but on the new CTF map that comes with 0.5.0 big_smile CTF2 just doesn't do much instagib gameplay, unlike Lost. Or let's play on CTF2, but with 5 or 6 players a team.

If you like, we can play on Lost2, the remake I made for MS. It's clear, more competitive and looks a whole lot better.

#11 18-11-2008 13:56:15

~{MS}~ Eve
Administrateur

Magnet wrote:

~{MS}~ Eve wrote:

Eve, after the discussions we had on this very subject, you know very well that we do not consider Lost is a proper map. For extensive reasons, see there:
http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1471 or here: http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopi … 18&p=3

I must admit that I'm saddened by your reaction Eve. We are not a instagib clan and we never play instagib, so you chose the mod and we chose the map. I think it's fair especially when considering ctf2 is in your own server's map pool and I see MSes on ctf2 instagib every rare time I connect. No need to resort to "hating" anyone. We had a game on ctf1 in regular mode after the dm2 and we forgot it -- but I for one would think it's a tad hypocritical to complain about us not wanting to play an unofficial, badly designed map that our category of players (ie, top regular clans) *all* hate and *never* play, while you guys don't try to play seriously in regular mode...

So please, don't go making that kind of statements and if you wish you can challenge us again in some time, even if we wanted a CW against MS because it's reputed to be the best instagib clan and not because we enjoy instagib CWs (actually we find them kinda boring and repetitive, and we have many regular CW scheduled right now).

Still, I must say this was the best instagib game I ever played because it was the highest insta CW we had (we had some with Zpote and others before). I would have enjoyed another round but my teammates get bored by instagib even faster than me wink.

So good game all and see you in TW.

PS: the CW thread on our forum: http://panik.team.free.fr/forum/viewtop … 5&t=44

I think you misunderstood my point smile I'd like to explain this fairly in french so that we would understand each other better, but here and there it seems like english owns big_smile Btw, what I wanted to emphasize is the lack of map pool in teeworlds. If I remember correctly, I said that your winning here is well deserved, and moreover as you said you aren't a instagib clan on a regular basis.

This main point here is that I wish we had more "official" (hard to say official / unofficial, in the sens that we have no proper leagues and pro tourneys). And when I said "I hate people that don't wanna play other maps", that wasn't against you all, but a general consideration. As a matter of fact, in my gaming experience I was used to play with 4/5 maps in a map pool, and even considering this, some players didn't want to play some of the maps, just because they weren't trained on it.

On TW it's kinda different because there's no official (or I don't know them) rules / maps. So... see ya back in TW soon, even if unfortunately i'm not very active atm because of my damn job which cuerrently takes me about 14 hours per day smile

Best regards,

~{MS}~ Eve

#12 18-11-2008 14:04:11

~{MS}~ Eve
Administrateur

~{MS}~ o10 wrote:

I guess there's not much to talk about.

Magnet - Lost is a terribly unclear map, and vanilla hates it. But in the instagib community it's played most often, getting the rank of a community map, representative of what this mod really is.

I guess you understand that losing always sucks and sometimes one needs to brag about it on the forums. tongue

I personally hate CTF2, i think it's too big, I hate the winter theme, and what's most important - it needs at least 5 players on each team to be balanced and competitive.

Good it was just a praccy and not official smile

I'll be delighted to play an official CW against you, but on the new CTF map that comes with 0.5.0 big_smile CTF2 just doesn't do much instagib gameplay, unlike Lost. Or let's play on CTF2, but with 5 or 6 players a team.

If you like, we can play on Lost2, the remake I made for MS. It's clear, more competitive and looks a whole lot better.

Yo! Concerning CTF2 / Lost and competitive things... that's mainly, as o10 stated, a point of view coming from our mods. I think that CTF2 fits better to vanilla, and Lost to instagib. I understand you all because I personnaly hated Lost. I found it not clear at all, didn't know where to hook etc. But now I have at least 4 paths to cap a flag, and with some experience there is a lot of strategies in it.

And even if I think the CTF2 does not realyl fit to instagib, I really love this map. Big, speedy in the mid field, allowing some nice quick shots. I also played it a bit in vanilla, and yes, it's... hugely different. Not better, not worst, just different. I wish I was used to vanilla as well as instabig in order to get a better idea, but as I said in my previous post, I don't have time to play that much. Girlfriend, family, sport, work, other hobbies... damn days are short wink

~{MS}~ Eve

#13 18-11-2008 17:19:38

~{MS}~ krrkt
King Kong

~{MS}~ o10 wrote:

you made that? nice job, but what up with that whole upper part neutral

#14 18-11-2008 18:50:49

~{MS}~ Light
Donkey Kong

~{MS}~ o10 wrote:

Please add a Quality Texture Layer so i can hide all the trees and stones and stuff, i hate them tongue

#15 19-11-2008 05:30:15

~{MS}~ o10
Administrateur

Try hiding them in editor and see what happens. ;]

#16 19-11-2008 18:24:47

~{MS}~ Light
Donkey Kong

~{MS}~ o10 wrote:

Try hiding them in editor and see what happens. ;]

it worked for me

edit: ah, i see what you did there

Last edited by ~{MS}~ Light (19-11-2008 18:41:09)

#17 24-11-2008 00:35:04

~{MS}~ Bug
King Kong

I dislike ctf2 for the same reasons as Eve, its just to big for insta gib... CTF1 is to small... Lost is perfect imo... Wont say I hate people who dont want to play other maps... but still... I only like lost and Lost2 so no big up for me either...anyhow fix a rematch we both choose 1 map (as done with CS) no bitchin bout the chosen maps and get on with it... winner gets the honor and loser gets to wine... nuf said

Wish I had something usefull to add to my post...

#18 02-01-2009 22:00:31

Azon
Diddy Kong
Website

I think both maps have their pro's and con's, but in the end I prefer lost for it's tactical possibilities and easy setting for individual play:

CTF2
- Very large, requires at least 4 if not 5 players on both sides to become playable (otherwise off/def balance is wrong)
- More emphasis on teamplay
- In some situations harder to defend the flag
- Requires more hook-technique

LOST
- Works for any number of players besides 6v6 (too small for that in my opinion)
- One or two players can easily defend or attack
- Flag easily defendable
- Less hook-technique

Considering my point of view mainly consists of random games Lost is far more accessible then CTF2. I think that once you get a solid team on CTF2 it will bring more challenges and offer more possibilities, and add more teamplay to the game.

But it's all just personal opinion smile

#19 06-01-2009 00:38:55

~{MS}~ Eve
Administrateur

You are quite right Azon, although Lost requires a lot of hooking techniques too. At least, I think there are more paths to get to the flag or to fly back, on Lost. CTF2 is speedy and allows great teamplay.

~{MS}~ Eve

#20 06-01-2009 02:56:20

Azon
Diddy Kong
Website

~{MS}~ Eve wrote:

You are quite right Azon, although Lost requires a lot of hooking techniques too. At least, I think there are more paths to get to the flag or to fly back, on Lost. CTF2 is speedy and allows great teamplay.

Hmm think you're quite right but I think the major difference which makes hooking also a totally different experience is the hight differences in CTF2. To get from your base to the enemies base you need to go down, up, down and up again. Lost is basically a straight path (although there are indeed several ways to take it, giving it many techniques in another way).

#21 06-01-2009 15:06:50

~{MS}~ Eve
Administrateur

Imo, a big diff is that a single player can make a cap on ctf2. It's far more difficult (i find) on lost, even facing noobs

~{MS}~ Eve

Board footer

Créez Votre Propre Forum
InsÚrer vos Graphiques
Dictionnaires de Traduction
Hébergé par ForumCrea.com